22 Oct NYC HOLIDAY TRAVEL: 3 TIPS FOR SUCCESS
GET THROUGH LAGUARDIA OR JFK AND INTO THE CITY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
As October wears on, the holidays loom just around the corner. For many people, that means heading to the airport, battling the congestion on the road, and heading to relatives’ homes to celebrate the season. There’s also shopping trips, Christmas parties, family dinners and more, all of which require some amount of travel during a season when everyone is out and about.
Managing holiday travel with minimal stress and maximum enjoyment of the season is a worthy pursuit; to help you manage your holiday travel around New York City, we’ve compiled a list of easy tips below.
GET THE RIGHT APPS ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
Before you head out of or into New York City this holiday season, you’ll need to get the right apps ready to go on your smartphone.
Technology allows smartphone users to do a number of things when they’re on the go, including utilizing apps to keep track of their flight, buy an airplane ticket at the last minute, get the airplane seat they want, book a hotel, and stay up-to-the-minute on the weather.
Here are a few of the best apps to have loaded in your smartphone when you’re preparing to travel through NYC:
- Dark Sky: Get the lowdown on all precipitation patterns in the area, allowing you to predict your own travel schedule and make changes based on impending weather patterns.
- Gate Guru: Keep up with your flight’s schedule, including any delays or cancellations
- Seat Guru: Find the airplane seat that is most comfortable, plus buy airline tickets conveniently and quickly
- HipMunk: Find hotels, flights and more to your own specifications
- Hotel Tonight: Perfect for finding deals on last-minute hotel rooms at discounts, Hotel Tonight is a great app for holiday travelers who want deals on the best hotel rooms
- Executive Ground Transportation App: Get reliable luxury car service with one of New York City’s best transportation companies with this handy app
Each of these handy apps can help you stay informed on your flights, choose the flights that work best for you, and find hotels and transportation that will improve your travel experience.
SCHEDULE YOUR FLIGHTS FOR LESS CONGESTED TIMES
If the congestion and hassle of getting through the airport during peak holiday travel times stresses you out, consider booking flights on less popular days.
According to USA Today, the best time of day to fly, for both cost and smoothness of airport experience, is early morning or late night.
Red-eye flights, in particular, are cheaper and provide fliers with a smoother and more peaceful airport experience. In a congested and harried airport environment, like that you might find at JFK or LaGuardia, it’s easier to choose flights that won’t be as populated during a time when the airport won’t be as crammed with midday travelers.
BOOK LUXURY CAR SERVICE
Holiday traffic in NYC can be a nightmare; with everyone heading into the city to see the Rockefeller tree, do their Christmas shopping and enjoy the Big Apple holiday atmosphere, the amount of traffic on the streets increases dramatically.
If you want to enjoy your trip to New York City, you’ll need to acquire reliable, transportation that will relieve you of the stress and burden of navigating, parking and contending with the traffic.
Executive Ground Transportation specializes in luxury transportation in New York City, and can offer a diverse range of vehicles to meet the needs and specifications of any occasion.
Our chauffeurs are professional local experts with extensive experience in customer service and efficient driving practices; we will work to ensure that your holiday travel is as effortless and enjoyable as possible.
Photo Credit: Kevin Dooley