27 Aug GROUP TRAVEL IN NYC: TRANSPORTATION, RESTAURANTS AND ATTRACTIONS
FIND THE BEST FOR YOUR GROUP TRIP TO NYC
When you’re traveling with a large group, the logistics of getting from place to place and enjoying yourself can become amplified; after all, finding restaurants with enough space to seat large groups can be a challenge, while finding activities that offer group rates requires some extra time and attention. Transportation is perhaps the biggest concern for large groups, as you don’t want to split your team into multiple vehicles in a huge city, risking time delays or one or more groups getting lost en route to a destination.
Have no fear, group traveler: we’ve compiled a ton of information on restaurants, transportation and activities in New York City to help you plan a successful group trip, regardless of the number of people on your team.
A group can’t utilize typical methods of transportation efficiently. Rental cars, ride-sharing services and taxis don’t offer enough space to accommodate a group in one vehicle, while public transit is a serious headache. Orchestrating a subway ride for 20 people at once will lead to inevitable issues and time delays, no matter how informed and motivated your group may be.
The only logical option for transportation for a large group is to book a mini bus or limo bus with a trustworthy New York transportation company.
Executive Ground Transportation, which offers service to Long Island and all of New York City, offers an extensive fleet with options for groups of all sizes:
- Utility Vans: Room for 12 passengers with luggage or 14 passengers without luggage
- SUV Limousine: Room for 14 passengers and featuring a state-of-the-art sound system, tinted windows and a bar area
- Party Bus: Room for 20 passengers and some luggage
- Mini Bus: Room for 33 passengers, and featuring an amazing sound system, an on-board television, 2 bar areas and more
Once you’ve booked your vehicle with Executive, you can focus on the other aspects of your group’s trip, such as making reservations at restaurants and finding activities that offer group rates.
Traveling in a large group shouldn’t prevent you from enjoying some of the best food NYC has to offer. Here are a few notable restaurants that can accommodate your group:
- The Stanton Social: One of the best-reviewed restaurants and lounges in NYC’s Lower East Side, the Stanton Social is the perfect location for exposing your group to NYC’s multi-ethnic culinary heritage. Make reservations before stopping by, and you can enjoy top-tier service and amazing cocktails and food.
- Rubirosa NYC: This family-style pizzeria and Italian restaurant is a great spot for entertaining your group and giving them a taste of the pizza culture that New York City is known for. Expose your group to the 55-year-old pizza crust recipe of Rubirosa’s founder, and choose from a menu that features pies like the Rubirosa Supreme, the Caprese, and the Tie-Dye.
- Beauty and Essex: In addition to the breathtaking main dining area, Beauty and Essex on the Lower East Side offers some truly innovative culinary creations, with a full raw bar, a selection of entrees and plenty of cocktails to choose from. Call ahead to book one of the lavish private rooms.
- The Boil: Located in the Lower East Side near Delancey Street, the Boil is a fun, interactive dining experience that is perfect for large groups. The Cajun-and-Creole inspired restaurant features crawfish, catfish, lobster, a variety of fresh seafood, and Cajun specialties like oyster sliders and Cajun fries.
Finding group rates during your NYC trip is easy with the right research on hand. We’ve found and catalogued our favorite NYC activities that offer great group rates, to help your team save money and still enjoy themselves in the Big Apple.
- Top of the Rock: This legendary tourist attraction offers group rates and sweeping views of the city, giving first-time visitors to NYC the vistas they came for.
- See the Mets at Citi Field: With great group discounts, it’s a no-brainer for your group to head out to Citi Field and take in a Mets game.
- The American Museum of Natural History: With great group rates, the Museum of Natural History is a natural (no pun intended) option for a group excursion in NYC, with not only the exhibits in the Museum, but also the Earth and Science center, the Theater film and the Hayden Planetarium Space Show included in the multiple group packages available.
Your group travel experience in NYC shouldn’t be harried and confusing; with the right restaurants, great group rates on the best activities, and group transportation you can trust, your group can enjoy the best of NYC.
Photo Credit: Daniel Torres Bonatto