02 Jun EXPERIENCE FIRE ISLAND: PLAN YOUR GROUP TOUR WITH A LIMO BUS
This blog was originally published in 2015; we have since updated it to reflect the most current and accurate information possible.
No vacation is complete with the company of family or friends. Fire Island is the perfect spot to spend time with family and truly unwind.
Fire Island is just a short drive from Long Island, but offers tons of local sights and sounds to help you unwind.
Here are a few specifics on transportation, attractions and eats for your group tour of Fire Island.
A LIMO BUS FOR THE MOST COMFORTABLE RIDE POSSIBLE
When planning your group trip to Fire Island, you’ll need to consider the method of transportation you’ll use. A limo bus is ideal for a number of reasons. For starters, it seats up to 33 passengers, allowing you to increase the size of your group to your specifications. Additionally, it offers several amenities that other vehicles don’t:
- State-of-the-art sound system
- 2 bars
- A Television
- Comfortable seating and attractive upholstery
- Booking a limo bus for your tour of Fire Island ensures that the rest and relaxation begins the moment you board your vehicle, not merely when you arrive on the island. The luxurious, stress-free experience of enjoying Fire Island in a limo bus can’t be equaled by other methods of transportation.
FIND THE BEST ATTRACTIONS
Fire Island is full of attractions that can make your trip extraordinary. Here are a few notable spots to check out during your tour:
+ Fire Island Lighthouse: This historic lighthouse served a vital purpose in guiding a number of ships carrying European immigrants into harbor during the 19th century. After a rebuild and redesign in 1891 to bring the lighthouse to its current iteration, the Lighthouse functioned officially for over 80 years, before being decommissioned in 1974, but remains open to group tours and school groups.
Enjoy a tour with your group during your trip to Fire Island; a guided tour to the top of the lighthouse is available for just $4.50 per entrant.
+ William Floyd Estate: For the past 50 years, the William Floyd Estate has been a proud part of the Fire Island National Seashore. The Old Mastic House on the property features architecture and artifacts from centuries of American life, including family heirlooms from the Floyds from centuries past.
You can stroll the landscaped grounds, visit the cemetery which contains the remains of William Floyd and his family, or simply take in the scenery of the island and the rich history. Take a guided tour with your group and view the wildlife and exhibitions during your trip, as well.
+ Fire Island National Seashore: Head to this famous seashore Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm, and take in some of the beauty and majesty of one of New York’s most famous natural spots.
+ Robert Moses State Park: With 5 miles of beaches for swimming, surfing and fishing, sunning or wildlife watching, Robert Moses is an ideal spot to visit on your tour of Fire Island. Considered one of the most desirable attractions on the island, it offers the element of a true beach vacation to help you unwind.
FIND A GREAT RESTAURANT
You can’t enjoy a group tour of a charming natural locale without finding a great place to eat. Here are our recommendations:
- Top of the Bay Bistro: This exquisitely located Fire Island staple features “American Nouveau” cuisine, gorgeous view and an expert staff. Menu items include seared Atlantic salmon and lobster ravioli, with an impressive wine list to boot.
- Rachel’s Bake Shop: This bakery is the perfect stop for a group that wants to try some of the best specialty baked goods on the island. From chocolate coconut macaroons to crumb cake, iced coffee to breakfast burritos, Rachel’s has something to snack on for every palate.
- The Island Mermaid: Head to the Island Mermaid for a sunset dinner on the patio, with a plate of sautéed grouper filet or line-caught grilled tuna in front of you. They also serve sushi, offer an extensive wine list and even have a BBQ menu for the adventurous eaters among you.
Executive Ground Transportation hopes your trip to Fire Island, with the help of one of our luxury limo buses, will become one of your best summer memories. Here’s to a great escape this summer.