19 May BROADWAY IN BRYANT PARK: CAR SERVICE, RESTAURANTS AND OTHER TIDBITS
GET READY FOR ONE OF NEW YORK’S BEST SUMMER EVENTS
If you’re planning a trip to New York City over summer, there is a slew of great events to pencil into your calendar. One of those events is the annual Broadway in Bryant Park, presented by NYC’s 106.7 Lite FM.
This event brings some of Broadway’s finest actors and production values to an outdoor stage in beautiful Bryant Park, and attracts thousands of theatre enthusiasts to the audience.
Among the things that makes Broadway in Bryant Park so attractive is that there’s no admission fee; everything is completely free! All you have to do is show up.
Keep reading for more information on this event, how to get there and other important tidbits.
KNOW THE SCHEDULE
Here is the Bryant Park schedule for the summer of 2015:
- Thursday, July 9, 2015- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Thursday, July 16, 2015- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Thursday, July 23, 2015- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Thursday, July 30, 2015- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Thursday, August 6, 2015- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
- Thursday, August 13, 2015- 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
All of the performances take place on the Bryant Park Lawn.
HOW TO GET THERE
Bryant Park is located in Manhattan, where parking is scarce and the congestion is often overwhelming. You don’t want to miss the noon show because you couldn’t get to the park in time; remedy this issue by booking car service with a reputable New York company and have your chauffeur take care of the transportation.
He or she will drop you off at the point of your choosing and come back to pick you up when the show is over. You won’t have to trek long distances in the summer heat, and you can enjoy the drive without the stress of navigating or worrying about parking.
FIND A GREAT RESTAURANT
Since the shows take place around noon, you might find yourself feeling a little hungry when the show is over. Luckily, there’s a number of great restaurants near the Park featuring a variety of cuisines. Regardless of your palate or the range of tastes in your group, there’s a restaurant to accommodate you.
Here are a few of our favorites in the Park’s vicinity:
- Bryant Park Grill: Upscale yet still accessible, the Bryant Park Grill combines luxury décor with a dynamic menu. With dishes like the seafood salad parfait and the wine and pea risotto, you can enjoy specialty cuisine and great wine without going far from Bryant Park.
- Parker and Quinn: Tucked into the Refinery Hotel near Bryant Park, Parker and Quinn offers patrons a vast and varied menu to choose from, which includes items like Black Sea Bass, a specialty charcuterie board with local meats and cheeses, and a variety of comfort-food entrees ranging from soups and sandwiches to pasta and more. They also offer an extensive list of cocktails, beer and wine.
- Zeytinz: Conveniently located right in Bryant Park, Zeytinz is ideal for breakfast before the show or lunch afterward, and they offer a variety of Turkish and traditional American foods, from shish kebabs to salads to a variety of sandwiches. With such a convenient location and a great price for the food, it’s hard to argue against heading to Zeytinz for lunch.
Broadway in Bryant Park is a great summer activity for families, visiting friends, lunch outings or special occasions. It’s free of charge, and you get the benefit of enjoying the beauty of Bryant Park and the charming area surrounding it.
We hope you’ll choose Executive Ground Transportation to make your Broadway in Bryant Park experience absolutely perfect.
Photo Credit: Patricia Hallstein